Tuesday, February 20, 2007

the rorschach entry

I learned something new in Medieval Art and Architecture today: triforiums are so named because originally they had three arches. Tri = three... who knew?

I survived my first real full Monday, but I'm going to write about it tomorrow. I'm still so glad it's over that I don't want to ruin the magic by remembering it.

The NCS Annual Fund Cochairs sent an email today thanking me for my donation to the school; in the email they included a link to a slideshow from the website. I watched it, and maybe because I'm in a Mood (capital M required) or maybe just because I loved NCS it made me really homesick. Not homesick, exactly, but me-sick. I hate blogs that wax philosophic about whatever just because their authors feel Angsty and Deep (again, capitals required), but it kind of got me thinking about all the mes - that's me, plural - out there. I mean, you're not the same you that you were ten years ago or last year or even yesterday. So what happens to all the old yous? Do they build up, like a million Flat Stanleys all glued together to finally make a 3-D Stanley? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley) Or do the old yous get completely subsumed by the new you? I guess it's kind of irrelevant. The point is, I miss some of the old mes.

(For those of you who love me and read this blog often, yes, I deleted a paragraph. Sorry. Deal with it.)


I promise I won't write an entry like this again - at least, not for a long time. I just needed to indulge the bit of me that was feeling Angsty and Deep.

I think tomorrow I should walk the long way around the Luxembourg Gardens, just to remind myself where I am now.

No comments: