Thursday, February 1, 2007

Cafe du Metro

Marquis was worried that I wouldn't have timt to "breathe Paris." Au contraire, mon cher oncle. I am currently at the Café du Métro with my friend Laura; we're having wonderful petit déj (a croissant for me and goat cheese salad for her) and blogging our hearts out. The café is very comfortable... it's spacious and light, our booth is covered with faded maroon velvet, and there's a pleasant hum of French in the background. So yes, Mark, I breathe Paris every day.

Lyon: we leave for our week-long séjours this afternoon. They split us up between Besançon, Auxerres, Aix-en-Provence, and Lyon. My host family lives in Lyon proper, next to the Rhône and a few blocks away from the University of Lyon. Each host family has to have kids, but the "enfants/animaux" section of my contact sheet was blank, which probably means that they either have young children or lots of them. It's definitely going to be an adventure. We're only with the family night and the weekend - the rest of the time we will be going on tours with our group. Not sure what we're seeing yet, although as soon as I get back I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you're going to Lyon. My french fling (Anthony) is from Lyon. He hates it, but supposedly its beautiful. take pictures! im enjoying the blog, thus far. i would appreciate a few more witty anecdotes, references to musuems or stores you've visited. and where are the late-night european trysts?

honestly. get on it.