Tuesday, July 17, 2007

tht life and times of a chomeuse

Since I've been unemployed, I've spent a lot time on youtube, rediscovering bits of movies I love and using it as a de facto radio station (my iTunes is on the blink). One of the sets of clips I keep going back to is from Les Choristes. If you haven't seen the movie (obviously, Christine, I'm not talking to you here), watch some of these. They're heartbreaking.

La Nuit
Caresse sur l'océan
Vois sur ton chemin

p.s. How much would you hate to be this boy (Jean Baptiste Maunier) after his voice breaks? That would be... unimaginable.

p.p.s. The choir they used for the movie is actually of mixed voices; that is, there are both girls and boys singing. They only show the boys, though. See? I'm not the only one who secretly wants to be a treble. Well, at the very least, I'm not the only one who sees more of an appeal in being a boy treble than just a young soprano.

No comments: