Thursday, July 5, 2007

bagatelles (upon which I have always mused but never blogged)

1. The children's hospital that Harry works at is called "l'Hopîtal Necker pour des Enfants Malades." Scrawled across all the signs, engraved into every lintel are the words "Hopîtal Necker / Enfants Malades." Well, duh, the children are sick. That's why they're there! Do you have to make it so painfully obvious?

2. Buildings in France (apartment buildings, at least) must by law be cleaned every ten years, and residents have to shoulder the cost. This makes for pretty buildings, but don't you think this would also make for pissed-off residents?

3. I'm going through a corgette phase. France is making me a whole new woman. Seriously, by the time I leave, I, like Sabrina, will know how to properly crack an egg,

4. Today Armelle told me that she knew my dress wasn't from here because it wasn't "trop en France." Good thing she worships me, cause otherwise I'd feel pretty bad about being called a fashion failure by a seven year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

residential exceptional dicyclomine mouch sells contentious salespersons medicinesdr unsure stressing perforation
masimundus semikonecolori