Monday, May 21, 2007

the Pee-er

There's a new baby in my life. Her name is Olympia. I call her the Pee-er.

I bet everyone but Mom is totally confused. "The Pee-er? A baby? What?"

She's a dog, silly! Harry is housesitting for some friends while they're out of town, and they have a 10month old puppy that they're still housebreaking. Hence the nickname "the Pee-er." She's a total sweetheart. They don't know what breed she is; she's black and looks like a lab except that shes a little smaller and a lot skinnier. (She was sitting on my lap - okay, trying to sit on my lap by spilling off - but is now curled up between the small of my back and the back of the armchair. She's making it pretty difficult to type, so any errors are her fault.) Harry and I have already fallen into playing good cop/bad cop: he yelled at her when she tried to jump up to the table to steal breakfast and she ran between my legs to hide. Obviously, I told him off for yelling at her, but I have a funny feeling this is the way it's going be be for the next week, especially as I only work part-time while he's full, so I'll see her more often. She really is a sweetheart. She makes me miss my other baby - the Grunter!

No comments: